November 17, 2013

6HP Takashi Murakami for Shu Uemura | Heart-Full Pink Parallel Eyes & Cheek Palette

This holiday, Shu Uemura released an incredible beautiful and elegant collection called 6 Heart Princess by Takashi Murakami for Shu Uemura, based on Murakami's artwork for his upcoming anime series of the same name. The collection is based off of 2 representing characters from this anime: a good and an evil princess.


I chose the Heart-Full Pink Parallel Eyes and Cheek palette. Why? Mostly because I felt the colors would compliment my eyes and my hair, and boy was I right! I swatched the palette on a whim while in Sephora one day and had to pick it up—impulsively—although the palette cost a steep $90CAD. Thankfully this was during the VIB Friends and Family weekend, so I didn't pay full price.



The palette consists of 7 iridescent and pearly eye shadows and 1 cheek blush, as well as a double sided sponge applicator, and a double sided brush. I have swatched the shades in order of lightness to darkness. Not swatched above is the blush, but you can see how it looks on my skin below. One of the deciding factors in wanting to purchase the palette was the blush. Me? Blush? Yes. I have never been a fan of blush in the past, but I found something absolutely beautiful and complimentary about the color of the blush and how it blended on my skin, that I needed to get it.

The color pay off is absolutely stunning, so much so that you need to see this palette in real life. I'm a huge fan of iridescent and pearl-like shades, and this palette is chockfull of it. I also love that the colors are delicate, while elegant for someone as pale/fair as myself.



I created a look using all, but the dark brown color. Love how it turned out. I used the orange and reddish brown on the lid, the iridescent pink in the crease, the iridescent light pink under the brow bone, the iridescent white in the corner of my eye, and the iridescent yellow under my lower lashes. I also used a white eyeliner from GOSH on my lower waterline and Clinique mascara for my lashes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...